At the beginning, Old Actonians Cricket club was formed in 1922, by a group of old boys from Acton County Grammar School, playing as Oakdene Cricket Club. The Old Actonians Association was formed in 1925 as an association for former pupils of the school. That year also saw the Old Actonians Association Football Club come into existance and soon after the cricket club changed its name to Old Actonians Cricket Club.
In the early years all three clubs were independent of each other and it wasn’t until 1964 that the Football and Cricket Clubs formed the Old Actonians Association Sports Club and took on a one year lease from Acton Borough Council for the Napiers Sports Ground at Gunnersbury Drive. A condition of that lease was that membership was not restricted to Old Boys of Acton County but open to all residents of Ealing and Acton. The length of the leases were gradually extended and in 1974 the Club converted to a Company Limited by Guarantee and negotiated a ten year lease with the now, London Borough of Ealing. The Council at that time still supplied three Councillors as Directors. It was not until 1979 that it was agreed that the Sports Club would take over all the costs of running the ground. In 1994 the Council offered us the chance of purchasing a 130 year lease for a pepercorn rent and the opportunity to refurbish a number of the facilities became a reality.
The Football Club has gradually grown into one of the largest and most successful amateur football clubs in the London area. We currently field eight teams who play in the Southern Amateur Football League and also compete in the Amateur Football Alliance and the Southern Amateur cup Competitions.
All games are played on Saturday Afternoons and a meal provided at all away games by the opposition.
ACTONIANS MAIN WEBSITE: http://www.actonians.com/
FACEBOOK: Old Actonians Association FC
POST CODE FOR MAIN CLUB HOUSE: W5 4LL
CLOSEST TUBE: Acton Town, Kew Bridge and Gunnersbury all pretty close.
IF INTERESTED IN JOINING PLEASE CONTACT